We are offering pet straps that are developed using superior quality raw materials to match the high industrial standards. Our range of pet straps serves the packaging needs of various industries as known for its high tensile strength. We offer pet straps in different length, width and thickness to meet the demands of the clients. features :
- high tensile strength
- minimized strap slacking
- rust resistant
- chemical resistant
- superior flexibility
- weather resistant
- light weight
- eco-friendly material
- paper industry
- beverage industry
- construction industry
- printing industry
- metal industry
- timber industry
benefit : why pet strapping is a strong alternative of steel strapping? polyester (pet) strapping is replacing steel strapping for the following reasons :
- economy : 50% cost saving compare to steel strapping because the weight of 6 meters of pet strap is equal to 1 meter of steel strap of same size and reducing freight cost and easy handling.
- corrosion free : pet strap is rust free and chemically inert. It does not leave any stain on the pack.
- safety : pet strap does not have sharp edges like steel, it will not cut or damage product. Pet strap create a safe work environment for user because it does not spring back when removed, so there is no risk of injuries while tensioning or cutting the strap.
- impact resistance : the impact resistance of pet strap is five times greater than steel strap. Pet strap has higher shock absorbing capacity than steel strap, so it is suitable for compressed rigid packs that require strapping tension through out handling & storage.
- elongation recovery : pet strap has slight elasticity and it tries to return to their original position under tension. Pet strap has good elongation recovery, while steel strap has no elongation recovery. Pet strap maintains strap tension by contracting with the pack in the event of pack settlement. Where as steel strap may become loose if the packing configuration changes.
- printing : printing is possible on pet strap.
why pet strapping is a better choice over other plastics? in many packaging application, pet strap is the only choice because of the following reasons :
- high tensile strength : pet strap is having more tensile strength than polypropylene strap. It maintains tensile strength for a long stretch of time with excellent shock resistance. Pet strap also provides greater load stability & superior retained tension.
- low elongation : pet strap has less elongation than pp strap which means that the strap tension will not relax during pack expansion, contraction & pack settlement. Packs can therefore be moved safely even after extended period of storage or transport.
- better weather resistance : pet strap is virtually unaffected by weather and harsh environment. Compared to nylon strap, pet strap has better resistant to ultra-violet rays and holds tension even in very humid conditions. Pet strap has good heat resistant, it can withstand up to -30o,celsius to + 80o,celsius temperature.
joining method :
- mechanical seals :Â pet' has hard, slippery surface, hence serrated metal seal used which has series of teeth or points on inside surface of seal to prevent slippage. and hand operated crimping tools used for metal seals to be used with pet strapping.
- heat sealing :Â a heat seal joint is created by a thermo-electric heater blade (plate) that melts and fuses two ends of tensioned strap together under pressure.
- friction sealing :Â a friction weld joint is formed by rapid vibration of two straps under tension creating enough fractional heat to fuse straps together.
manual and fully automatic strapping machines are used with battery / electric / pneumatic operated tools. The joint strength can obtain 75% to 85% of breaking strength of strap with a uniform weld joint. Seal efficiency can be achieved under proper operating of equipment and strap selection. click here for pet strap sizes.